The cold weather, even in Texas, can be brutal – we could all use a few tips and tricks to save this winter without having to compromise our comfort. Cool Guys is prepared to provide you with the top winter saving strategies! With just a few easy steps, you can be on your way to consistent savings on your heating and cooling.
- Start with your home – start by inspecting your home for any leaky areas and seal them immediately and accordingly. The most common methods are caulking and weather stripping doors, keeping the cold air out and the warm air in.
- Install & utilize your thermostat – a programmable thermostat, when used properly, can ultimately save you hundreds a year on heating and cooling. Just by setting your thermostat 5-10 degrees lower for eight hours while you’re asleep at night can save you 5%-10% a year. To compromise for the lower temperature at night, make sure to stack on blankets and clothes for a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Regularly check your filter – whether spring, summer, fall, or winter, you should be consistently checking and replacing your filters according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Dirty filters restrict the flow of air therefore increasing the use of energy.
- Check your registers – often overlooked, this winter you can check and clear all your registers to make sure nothing is blocking them. Make sure there isn’t any furniture, rugs, or carpet covering the registers.
- Consider switching equipment – if your system is in due of an upgrade, switching to a more energy efficient model such as ENERGY STAR appliances will help lower your bills and can even provide you with tax credits.
Saving this winter in San Antonio is easy as 1-2-3! You can always utilize these steps for extra savings, but make sure to contact us for pre-season maintenance and tune-ups for your system. This is essential in preserving the life of your system and making sure its running at its peak efficiency. Call us today at 210.534.2665!